Shivan of the ancient times were assumed to have looked drastically different than they do now a days, but no one is quite sure 'what' that was besides the Verga'an, and they aren't willing to share. They were thought to look exactly like Humans...Now a days they look in many ways like humans modified with some form of technology that makes them look generally like 'Robot Zombies' or 'Sci-fi Frankenstein monsters', with non-human skin tones, usually a pale tone, or very dark tones, nothing healthy looking for sure. Many are covered in scars, and stitching, but despite looking like 'zombies' they aren't rotting, nor dead.
Although hard to pin point each and every Shivan personality, Shivan tend to be very emotionless, logical, and calculating creatures. They think with science rather then violence or religion. That being said, over the years due to 'The Incident' that changed their kind forever, some have become completely insane, thinking, calculating predators of science. And to the most unfortunate, completely feral monsters.
Solar System Influence:
Shivan are said to be the oldest race in the solar system. It's rumored that Shivan are responsible for teaching races in this universe long ago of 'Medical and Tool Technology, Order, Education, and Mathematics. Now though very rare, there are only remnants of what civilizations they may have had among planets. Mars being the biggest example of all, but Earthen Cities of ancient civilization were also keys of this. Such as Atlantis.
While the current Shivan have lost touch with their ancient society and technology, noone truly knows what went on, but the Shivan played a massive on shaping the solar system. They were the creators of the Drevii, Human, and Mytharii race. They terra-formed their respective planets, before placing their "gene seeds" on those planets so they could evolve naturally, to be studied of course. They even assisted these infant races and helped them blossom. At the time, they perceived their Shivan creators as "gods", but the Shivan, at some point, stopped assisting when they were satisfied with their creation's progress, and left them to grow on their own. There is evidence of ancient alien contact and intervention left on the Mytharii, Drevii, and Human homeworlds; ancient hieroglyphics, cave paintings, and relics pointing to the prospect that these races were assisted by a higher intelligence. Scientists cannot still determine that the Shivan were the same "gods" or "creators"
that assisted the ancient Egyptians, or helped teach the Drevii about Magika and how to live on the harsh world of Venus, and neither can the current Shivan themselves. They lost all touch with their technology and records after the "incident" occurred. They are now forced to roam the solar system, among their own creations, as if someone had stripped the "gods" of their wings, and they don't even know it.
Before the collapse of their society, the Shivan were the first to access the Void as an accident. The Shivan did not travel with ships, they preferred to place a warp gate on each planet that they could merely step through, to go from planet to planet. However, something went wrong, and the first portal opened a rift to the void instead of taking them to the proper destination. The Shivan promptly sealed these portals and abandoned them underground for eons until they were discovered later by curious sentients.
Shivan use to have a highly advanced, almost completely, tech based civilization on Mars, somewhere around 86,000 B.H. was an attempt to extend their lifespans; they invented and introduced plants to their planet, but these plants did not react with with the Shivan biology, and rapidly spread a virus that ravaged their bodies. To survive, they had to build special bio-technology that supported their bodies, putting them on life support essentially, which is why all Shivan have cybernetic apparatuses all over their bodies. Later, as a final resort, some Shivan reopened the Void portals, they previously sealed, in hopes of finding a cure inside, But most got trapped, The rest who lived closed and sealed the portals a final time and migrated underground and fell into a slumber. Their society collapsed, and the downfall of their home planet became nothing but fossilized red stones. This is known as "the incident". Their advances, secrets, history lost forever. The survivors did not know how to use their ancestor's technology, so it remained a mystery. This, however, changed after EarthGOV (going by Tera CO. at the time) among other planetary companies first flew to Mars, and started the great war over the relics they found, and what resources they could get their hands on. During the war, the sleeping Shivan had awoken in a state of amnesia and anger, joining the war. After the war, Mars was heavily colonized. There is no longer a Shivan civilization, rather the Shivan, that were awoken during the war, have adapted to co-existing with other races. The highly respected sane ones live in colonies with the rich and wealthy, the insane cannibalistic ones roam wastelands among every planet, and the ferals are where you least expect them to show up.
The Shivan are an odd race. They are probably one of the creepiest out there. All geniuses to some extent, but usually mad scientists. They are a highly intelligent race, if not plagued with mental problems. One if not the only race to truly discover the key to immortality it came with a heavy toll. That toll was looking like the dead, now to note, Shivan are NOT DEAD nor UNDEAD. They are very much alive, breathing, bleeding, and heart beating creatures, they only 'look dead'. It's also a misconception that they're cannibalistic, they actually tend to eat artificially food supplement with high nutritions and all the necessary vitamins a Shivan needs. The rumor about them being cannibalistic started out of fear of their appearances. A Shivan highly respects science, and the advancement of science. There are of course insane Shivan that have given up certain sciences to pursue other forms of science. It should be assumed that when speaking with a Shivan, they are thinking and calculating 1000 thoughts while speaking with you.
Shivan Representative: Anastasia Von Afansyev (An in character reading)
'Hm? I'm suppose to explain about my race? that's a rather boring and complicated story, couldn't we simply leave it to their imagination? It tends to be more interesting that way. . . no? Alright then, where do I begin. . . I suppose I should start with who we are. Hm. . . Humans knew us as Deities in Egypt, we taught the Egyptians of Math and Science, Technology and Order.'
'I suppose you could say we 'were' the reason your able to think and learn to begin with, but that would be taking too much credit for ourselves. Obviously we weren't the only ones who taught you curious people how to think and evolve through science. The Verga'an Helped the Celtics and Vikings.'
'Hm? That wasn't obvious? Hm, go figure. Well then how about I explain more about what our society was like and what it has become? No I don't think it won't take too long to explain it. . . use small words? And here I thought 'I' was insulting their intelligence, very well then.'
'The Shivan people use to be a very advanced, and very ancient sentient species that inhabited Mars long before Earth had shape, much less life on it. We sought out technological advancements over religion as most species tend to pursue. This in turn advanced our technologies by millennium. I would imagine our only flaw in those times were our short life spans.'
'I remember helping fix this problem but- what's that? How did I fix it? That's a trade secret I'm afraid. Hm? Your rather persistent on the subject aren't you? Very well.'
'I believe we used Plants and Human DNA to help increase our longevity at least to a human life range if not a little longer. But due to some of the scientists not willing to listen to reason about a possible mutation, it ended up being our greatest downfall as well. Seemed the plants made spores within our blood stream that humans seem to have a deathly allergic reaction to, and thus forcing a number of us to rot. It wasn't pretty and our usually peaceful civilization went into utter chaos.'
'It took quite a lot of trial and error on my crews part to reverse engineer the DNA strand, not that it did us any good, by this point we were barely anything more than corpses. So we had to install some form of machinery to make sure we could actually 'use' what we made.'
'I want to say we are still working on a cure, but at this point I'm afraid it's nearly a lost cause. Most of us have gone mad you see, in one way or another. Even I have trouble keeping my sanity at times. But I personally think that's just people questioning my perspective on medical advancements.'
'Hm? did I microwave a burrito during this interview? I don't think so. . . oh you know what it was? It was one of my experimental cats, there are quite a lot of dead cats you see, I've been using them to try and perfect Shivan technology, they don't respond well to it. . . oh my. . . that's a lot of vomit. . . do you need me to give you a check up by chance?'
*The interview was cut short after due to several complications ending with the 'Good Doctor' being escorted out and back to her hospital*
- Shivan tend to view things as neither greater, or lesser. They simply view people as 'Things' and 'Equals'. Some have their respect, and some are simply seen with little interest, but no race is out right ignored by a Shivan.
- Humans: Shivan had taught this race Mathematics, Order, Technology, and Education were important things. Thanks to this Shivan see Humans as respectable, but childish.
- Drevii: Shivan have a certain level of respect for the race due to their understanding of Magika, and their creation of Magika Tech. But Shivan tend to be off put by their level of arrogance. If they wanted an arrogant race to talk with, they would have spoken with a Verga'an.
- Cybernetics: Objects and tools for the most part, but the strange ones with AI or some level of sentience they tend to speak as if they 'were' sentient creatures. Why they do this is unknown, possibly something to do with their own cybernetics and lack of emotion.
- Mytharii: This race actually confuses the Shivan, A Shivan tends to think that a Mytharii is just a tribal animal that thinks with instinct, but then they are surprised by how creative and intuitive they can be with technology and combat, and then dumbfounded when they decide to slack off to do nothing. Officially how they view Mytharii is with a mild interest in observing their behaviors to see if they deviate from their current assumptions of them.
- Splicers: This race is not disrespected persay, but the only true respect they get from a Shivan is how they are basically organic weapons or devices, or people wishing to be mutated on purpose. So it's a respect of curiosity and genius of whoever made them the way they are. Of course there is the whole 'made by us - used against us' bit, but they don't hold that against the splicers.
- Mutants: Shivan tend to be more curious about these being vs the Splicers, also not disrespected, but not fully respected. They tend to be more interested in Mutants for their DNAs rather then who they are.
- Anshiri: A curious species to the Shivan and likely the only race that confuses the Shivan more than Mytharii. They are baffled at how fast they evolved and developed their own technology, and wish to experiment with said technology and the race itself. Similarly like how they are off put by Drevii arrogance, they are off put by Anshiri cheerfulness. Nothing in the universe is that damn happy-go-lucky.
- Verga'an: Highly respected, even openly given trust, they have been in existence likely as long as one another if not in different ways. There is no room for pity for the race that sees the Shivan as Rivals. . . However the Shivan do wish that they would give that rival thing up and stop trying to push their religion on them.
Be They True Or Not Is Unprovable
- The Shivan made all Solar System races except Anshiri and Verga'an.
- They were the Atlantians of Earth, or at least had something to do with them.
- They may have had a hand in creating Drevii and Mytharii but it seems a little unlikely.
- They were said to be peaceful, but if it meant finding a new discovery were even seen as a threat to Verga'an.
- Shivan are cannibalistic.
- Shivan are undead.
- Shivan were the 'Gods' of Earth in certain cultures and used humans as chess pieces against the Verga'an when they visited.
- Shivan are the cause of many horrible things that evolved from nature.
- Supposedly there is a legendary 5000 year old Shivan that even Dr Franky doesn't remember, all that's know of this Shivan is that he's somewhere in deep space and likely furthering Shivan Science FAR BEYOND the solar system's expectations.
- Shivan are all some level of insane.
- Shivan are apparently part plant.
- Shivan offspring (IE 1 parent Shivan, other parent something else) do not share any Shivan DNA but do have a very high early on IQ.